Practical and readily-applied traffic skills for cyclists
This classroom-based workshop offers detailed, proven methods for riding more safely and more comfortably in traffic. You’ll learn techniques for choosing the best road position, communicating effectively, and gaining more respect from other road users. We work with you to develop a confident and non-confrontational attitude while on the road.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cyclist, you have questions:
- "Is it possible to ride in a safe manner on the road, and be comfortable at the same time?"
- "How and where should I ride so that I am most safe?"
- "What about riding in the dark or in the rain?"
- "I’ve ridden for many years, but there are still some situations I’m not sure how to approach. How can I refine my riding techniques?"
Join us for this workshop and learn about:
- Being maneuverable, visible, predictable & communicative.
- Choosing the right road position.
- Anticipating hazards & avoiding collisions.
- Being relaxed on your bike—putting yourself & others around you at ease.
What you can expect
This module involves interactive discussions on skills for riding comfortably and safely in traffic. You will learn—or learn more about—how to operate your bike as a vehicle, and to take your rightful place on the road.
We take you step by step to explore why doing so gains you respect and accommodation on the roads. As well as presenting practical information in an easy-to-understand manner, the workshop provides opportunity for you to share your questions and to be sure you find the answers.
Taught by an internationally certified cycling instructor, this session shares a wealth of experience gathered from cyclists all over North America and Europe.
Contact The CCE today to book your cycling traffic safety workshop or to find out more! See the menu above for more details.