Location for cycling lessons in Saskatoon
Learn-to-ride lessons in Saskatoon take place at Prairieland Park.
We meet inside the complex, at the corner of Lorne Avenue & Exhibition Grounds Road . Just after you turn in, enter the first parking lot on the right (see images below).
Preparing for the lesson
You’ll want to make sure the participant (or you, if it’s your lesson) is:
- well-rested and well-fed. The lesson takes a fair amount of concentration and energy; these are important factors for success.
- provided with water/drinks/snacks to keep them hydrated, and keep their energy up (don’t forget some for anyone accompanying them).
What to wear:
- pants that are close-fitting at the ankles (to keep them out of the bike’s chain), or
- shorts (if it’s warm) that are reasonably close-fitting; avoid basketball-style shorts with wide legs and a low crotch, as these can catch on the seat.
- layered tops to adjust for changes in temperature.
- closed-toed shoes (not sandals) that fit well and are not loose.
- sunblock, with enough available for reapplying during the lesson.
What we need to know in advance:
- The rider’s height and inseam, so that we can choose the right bike(s) for the lesson.
Bicycle rentals in Saskatoon, SK
(Please note: all links open in a new tab. )
For all lessons, we provide a woom® brand bicycle and helmet for riders up to 5’2″ at no cost, courtesy of woom bikes USA .
For riders over that height, a bicycle can be rented from one of the following locations in Saskatoon:
| Bike Doctor | 623 Main Street, Saskatoon, SK | (306) 664-8555
$30 for 5 hours | $40 for 24 hours | $70 for 2 days/weekend
• Momentum® ‘I Need Street’
| Bike Universe | 122 – 20th Street West, Saskatoon, SK | (306) 244-0200
$40/day | $60 for 2 days/weekend.
• Detroit Bikes® ‘A-Type’
• Detroit Bikes® ‘B-Type’
• Felt® ‘Verza Cruz’
| Bruce’s Cycle Works | 20-1015 Central Avenue, Saskatoon, SK | (306) 934-2552
$50/day | $80 for 2 days/weekend.
• Rocky Mountain® Blizzard 10 ‘fat’ bike