Our Traffic Smarts online course for cyclists is an excellent option to help increase the number of your organization’s staff / members / volunteers who ride bikes, and to boost the confidence and competence of current riders.
As well, making this education option available can help boost your organization’s ranking in the League of American Bicyclists’ Bicycle Friendly Business program.
The course can be offered in one of three ways:
- as an option for staff to purchase on their own (we provide you with a customized coupon code to offer as a discount);
- partially subsidized by your organization;
- purchased outright for staff as a benefit (bulk purchase discounts are available).
Here are some pertinent details, along with the benefits to your organization:
- Regular cost:
- $34.95 per person for 6 full months of access. We handle all of the logistics of course registrations, questions from participants, tracking of course progress, and issuing Certificates of Completion. All you need to do is make people aware of this training option.
- Coupon code: We can create a customized coupon code for you to pass along to interested individuals.
- Bulk purchase discount: Discounts are available (minimum purchase limits apply – contact us for details).
- Guarantee: 30-day money-back guarantee for all registrants.
- Course description: http://thecce.org/online-courses/
It’s easy to give access to the course for another person, for a few people, or for many.
- Visit the link for the desired country (see below), add the course to your shopping cart, and register (email and password).
- Choose “If you are purchasing for someone else or require bulk purchasing, Click Here.”
- Follow the easy steps outlined in the screenshot below.
- add people’s names and email addresses directly: they will be automatically enrolled once the transaction is completed;
- leave the users’ names as ‘unknown': you will receive separate codes that can be sent to them allowing instant access;
- do a combination of both.
- select ‘Include Myself,’ which adds your name and email address to the list, signing you up automatically.
Purchase access for your staff / members / volunteers now:
Need access for a larger group?
If you are interested in exploring these options, contact us to discuss getting no-cost access to the course for you to review the material.
Allan Dunlop, Director
The online course incorporates descriptive text, video, graphics, photos and quizzes, covering the following topics in depth:
- Bike handling skills: Including scanning, signaling, ‘cadence’ and shifting
- Being an MVP-C: Maneuverable, Visible, Predictable and Communicative
- Our legal rights and responsibilities: How following the law works in your favor
- Scanning and signaling: Putting them into practice
- Choosing a place on the road: Selecting the proper lane and lane position, avoiding parked cars, managing bike lanes
- Managing intersections (including 4-way stops): Lane position, stopping, right of way, making turns and more
- Riding on sidewalks/two abreast/near large vehicles/on paths and trails
- Required and recommended equipment
- Parking and locking your bike
There is approximately three hours of content in total. Riders can learn at their own pace, gaining valuable insights they can use on their very next ride. The content can be viewed all at once or a bit at a time, and returned to for review and improvement any time during the six-month access period.