From the City of Santa Monica Planning & Community Development website:
The California Vehicle Code governs bicycling throughout California. In addition, Santa Monica traffic regulations prohibit the following:
- Riding on the Third Street Promenade.
- Riding on sidewalks.
- Riding in public parking structures.
- Clinging to moving vehicles.
- Riding on handlebars.
- Operating a pedicab without a Pedicab Permit (see resources below).
Links to State Laws and Municipal Ordinances:
More local information from the City of Santa Monica Planning & Community Development website:
- Biking in Santa Monica
- Bike Lanes, Facilities, & Parking
- Bike Education and Awareness
- Bike Maps and Organizations
- Breeze Bike Share Program